Monitoring the water discharged from your site and giving your peace of mind
- Hassle free monitoring of site discharge involving no man hours
- Ensuring you keep within Environment Agency limits, and avoiding potential fines
- Ability to monitor discharge volumes, solids content and pH levels as required
- Automatic alarm or cut-off if agreed measures are breached
- Data logging option with full traceability for internal audits
- Dosing option to automatically regulate pH levels
- Fully calibrated sensors meeting latest MCERTs standards
Discharges of site drainage from quarry activities to surface waters are water discharge activities (WDA.) The Environment Agency issues WDA permits to prevent harm to the receiving environment. These usually set numeric limits to control containments present in the discharge.
The Audex Discharge Unit is a solution for the quarrying industry, designed to accurately measure this recycled water, to ensure that the water discharged fits within predefined parameters regarding pH, solids levels, and volume of water.
Due to the importance of environmental sustainability and the environmental agency regulations – with potentially very large fines – Audex has developed this product along with industry leading measuring equipment manufacturers to provide a hassle-free and simple way of reducing the risk of introducing contaminated water into the environment.
Available in various different combinations of sensors and response actions, the standard Discharge Units can measure the volume of water discharged, its pH and any suspended solids being transported and act on this information for example to generate an alarm or turn the pump off (the pump can be integrated in the unit). Bespoke sensors and other actions, such as connecting to a PC, are also available as required.
Audex Standard Discharge Unit
A robust weather-proof unit to house the monitoring system. Standard discharge size is 2”. Choose from the monitoring options below to complete your unit.
- Water volume register
- pH Sensor only
- Solids sensor only
- Combined pH and solids sensor
- Data logging option