The Intrax Pump Monitor (IPM) is an asset management and condition monitoring tool that allows you to make the most efficient use of your pumping assets, reduce downtime and save on running costs.
The IPM is fitted to your owned or hired pumps and automatically feeds real-time information to an online register. Unlike similar products available, the IPM requires no manual input of data or visits by engineers to download information. It is very small and is fitted within existing hardware meaning it will not be interfered with and there is no temptation to move it. It will also last as long as the pump being monitored with zero power or maintenance required.
The IPM can be fitted to nearly all SlurryPro and Audex pumps and can also be retro-fitted to existing pumps regardless of manufacturer and added to the Intrax Pump Register. Set up of this is completed by our onsite engineering team and involves no disruption to the running of pumps and plant.
How does the IPM work?
The IPM is a very small device which can be mounted in the control panel or on the pump, which takes regular electrical current measurements. This is a vast improvement on monitoring vibration given that it is proven to be significantly more accurate and less susceptible to interference. It stores the measurements for several months as well as sending the current ones via an 868 MHz radio link to the cloud. The Intrax Pump Register then pulls the information it needs from the cloud and displays key details such as run time and power usage.
What’s unique about the IPM?
- While most monitoring devices require maintenance, the IPM is unique in that it is self-sustaining.
- The IPM also doesn’t require batteries.
- The device also doesn’t rely on temperature or vibration measurements which can be effected by the environment they’re in.
The benefits of using the IPM
- Peace of mind having your pumps monitored with rapid assistance should there be any issues, thus reducing site downtime.
- No input required from site – your assets are tracked for you. Assets can be tracked and monitored from anywhere in the world via a secure online login.
- Visibility of assets leads to better utilisation and reduction in waste.
- Lower running costs through improved efficiency.
- Allows you to undertake proactive maintenance thus avoiding expensive downtime caused by any underlying pump issues.